Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Healthy OCD?


Light is on. I am definately home. And...these are fun on a hook!

The rhythmic movement of crocheting is healthy, just like almost all other handwork. I am determined to keep my hands from looking (and ouch, feeling) like so many of my female relatives. There's so much rheumatoid and osteoarthritis is my family, and I'm hoping that by this creative form of regular hand and finger exercises, I won't suffer that pain, stiffness and loss of motion. Please don't tell me that it could possibly bring it on and/or make it worse...

When I found out earlier last year that both my knees are "bone on bone," the orthopedic surgeon told me to continue walking and to take up water activities (I hate pools, so you'd be surprised what I can accomplish in the tub). He's right - whenever I've missed a few days of walking, the knees are worse.

I found the link for the pattern from the Ravelry site: Crocheted Heart Pattern « Hinzpired

Oh, and there's always relaxation and clear thinking involved, especially after you have a pattern memorized.

No comments: