Monday, April 18, 2011

New Sizes for the Hands Series

12 - 12x12's are finished, now onto the 8 - 8x10's.

I was thinking that this would be a way to decide how many pieces I could realistically handle for this series. Knowing that the largest ones were done (the tops anyway), I can focus on creating the next group without feeling overwhelmed.  This is the first time I've done anything like this.  What's next? 5 - 5x7's, 3 - 3x5's, and then maybe some tiny pieces.  I'm feeling encouraged now, thinking that this would make a wonderful exhibit.

This is the first of the 8x10's...it was a commercial print that I fell in love with because the pattern had such movement to it.  I stitched away with some of  JoAnn Deck 's threads in her gift box to me.

And this is the 2nd one that I'm currently working on.  While straightening the calico wall the other night at work, this print stood out.  No little florals here! It's been fun so far coming up with giving the different circles a little character.  And,  Sherrie , that one solar-looking stitch in the detail shot is for you!

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Well thank you! That looks like the spiderweb rose technique from silk ribbon embroidery.