Sunday, May 02, 2010

New Purse - Triangle Bag


Since Jo-Ann's discontinued a ton of home dec samples, there are plenty of little 18x18 inch pieces of fabric candy to choose from. I fell in love with this faux emu skin, so decided to make myself a new purse. The top border is a printed linen that I discharged a little, and the straps are an animal print ribbon that I first folded over and sewed, then filled with a narrow piping cord.

I had made one from a pattern a couple of years ago and liked the shape and the unique way of closing it. It's basically 3-24 inch straps/cords attached to the purse at the center point of each of 3 pieces that are sewn together. The straps are then pulled through a large bead (mine was macrame) and attached at the end to a square of fabric. There are, of course, many different ways to finish the straps.

One of the gals at work found a similiar pattern in a Simplicity book. Mine was from Square Rose - Designs that liberate the CREATIVE SPIRIT .
I'm very pleased at how it turned out!

Oh, and I bought 8 other samples too...

No comments: