Monday, May 10, 2010

The Doors of Rockford 2




Like the first time making fabric paper, I'm finding it difficult to stop. The possibilities if I do one more piece and adding more to the pieces that I don't like, well, they seem to get me every time...

The finished size for the artwork cannot exceed 36x48 inches, so if each of my papers are approximately 8x10 inches and I have 13 that I'm satisfied with, do I have enough? Yes...

Here are the ones I've worked on today. I experimented with giving one of them a wash of diluted Lumiere paint. I've included a detail shot of one that has oil paper with pine needles on it.

Materials used: printed and hand dyed cottons, white muslin, tissue papers, hand made papers, painted lutradur and tear-a-way stabilizer, vintage gift wrap papers, decorated greeting card envelopes, onion skin paper, polyester sheers, painted cheesecloth, caran d'ache neocolor II artists' crayons, tee juice markers, setacolor paints, lumiere metallic paint, diluted white glue.

2 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Wow! I love the shiny gold and the blue and lavenders. Are you done yet?

Julaine said...

Thanks, Sherrie! I'm bringing the pieces to our Art&Food meeting at church tonight to show them to my friend and get her opinion on how to lay them out. Will be photographing the doors of the churches this week, then transferring the images onto gold silk/nylon.