Saturday, January 21, 2006

Yesterday ~ January 20th

It was a day of wonderful surprises...
A bundle of fabric (and other assorted goodies) arrived in the mail from Virginia Spiegel! Wow! Imagine what some people will do for a tape filled with episodes of Project Runway. It was called the "bribe." Thank you, Virginia!!! Her Fiberart for a Cause fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, and her website are listed in my links - please visit...

Earlier in the day, I taught another "Sensational Silk Paper" workshop at the museum. The picture is of the collaged note cards that the creative ones made - beautiful, aren't they?...

Then there's Heather, the old girl. When she jumps down from her throne, and lets out a mournful cry, it usually means it's time for "kitty painkillers" (anti-inflammatory drops). A few hours later, she's feeling pretty good, and ready to play. I was playing with some new yarn, and, well, you know if you have a cat, they want to get into the action, right?...

I needed a day like yesterday. I've been struggling with two people in my life - work related personality conflicts, and have had to take a hard look at my contribution to the problems. As I sit at the computer and look outside, there is sun, and snow, and a blue sky. I think I'll get bundled up and go outside, and see the gifts that are here, today! Posted by Picasa

No comments: