Saturday, May 07, 2011

Padfolio Pattern?

Could it be that part of the business end of creating artwork for me is making a pattern?


I've taken a little side step from the "hand" series to create a few padfolios for an upcoming one day arts fair here in Rockford.  I've made lots of these in the 5x7 inch size, but thought that it was time to re-size my pattern so those who use the 8 1/2 x  11 3/4 inch legal pads for taking notes at meetings would like something nice to put them into.

I started gathering fabrics, fusibles, leather strips to see what I had. The last time that buttons were half off at the store, I purchased a few that I had been eyeing...I've written everything down and have tweeked the directions for my benefit.  Wondering now, is this a self-published pattern in the making?









No comments: