Thursday, June 03, 2010

The Doors and Jason's graduation

On Memorial Day, I decided it was the perfect day to photograph the doors of the churches that will be included in my "Doors of Rockford" piece. For a couple of them, I had to stand in the middle of the street, so I did get some looks from children riding their bikes, and from one police officer in a squad car...There will be 5 doors and I'm just including my favorite one in this post: Emmanuel Lutheran Church, of course.

Yesterday, our son, Jason, graduated from high school! I had forgotten how large public high school ceremonies were, since they're held at the local entertainment/sports arena. Downtown Rockford was a zoo! It took me about 45 minutes to pick up my mother-in-law and to get to the parking complex across from the arena. She has to walk with a little 3 wheeled walker/chair, so I let her out on the 2nd floor by a catwalk and I continued upwards to the roof to find a spot. Jeff was there, but we didn't meet up with him, because he was coming from his knee class (he's having replacement surgery in 2 weeks). That was a little frustrating because we kept looking for each other. Anyway, we finished the evening with a nice dinner out...here's a photo of him and his lady love, Ashley.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Graduations are great time to celebrate! Our last son will graduate from Secondary School in N.Z. in a few months time. We are looking forward to this.
Love your blog. Lots of inpiration, thankyou!