Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shisha 3 and Art at Emmanuel













Well, I've moved up to a larger embroidery hoop and have started working with larger circle mirrors (like the one that didn't make it in the shot very well), and some small square mirrors. I didn't even think about the fact that those could present a challenge, so I just started with the anchor stitches the same way, then went around all the edges. On the corners, I put the needle in the fabric just to the left of a corner, then did it the same way just to the right of the corner. I finished with a few more fill-in stitches. I could now go back and do more fill-in, but I'm happy with how it looks. More texture, more dimension, yes...

On another note, our "Art at Emmanuel" group met this evening to brainstorm some upcoming events. We do have a trio of workshops already scheduled: encaustic collage, art from digital photography, and the shisha embroidery.

Our current exhibit, which is up until February 15th is called "Inner Passages." We are planning for the next exhibit which opens February 29th, and for our exhibit as part of Rockford's Spring Artscene, which will be in April. We got excited at the prospect of hosting an outdoor arts festival in July...

No comments: