Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Last Sampler for MIU?


A definate work in progress, this 12x12 quilt will be the last sampler I finish before the Chicago Quilt Festival.

Not sure why I stitched a piece of white (with tiny black circles) fabric to the golden yellow piece for the background. Maybe it had something to do with taking a walk on the wild side the other evening.

Let's see...let me tell you what happened right before I started this: I took Jason out driving for the first time!!! Oh, yes - that's what did it. I figured that if I could handle that one, why not challenge myself with a background that I normally would not start with?

The hand is from one of my hand carved stamps. It has always been one of my favorites.

Well, Fed Ex just came...ooh, there's some of those new Tee Juice markers in the box...hmmmm ~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your samples are all so great! I hope I get to meet you at the quilt festival. It is going to be so much fun!