Monday, November 06, 2006

Jason - October 2006


Here's the quilt that I made for my son in honor of his confirmation last month. Really enjoyed putting this one together, as I used pieces of jeans from his toddler years, and other bits of fabric from clothing that I made for him. His favorite colors (now) are red, blue, and black, so I dug through stash. Included some images of bass guitar stuff, including one of his beloved Ibanez ~ since that was a gift from our pastor, I asked him if he would write a few words on that applique (see detail shot)...

Some hand-dyed pieces, a zipper, guitar picks, the charm that my dad gave me at my confirmation 36 years ago, and single words printed that describe who he is right now.

It's home from the gallery now, and will be hung in his room as soon as he picks up a few million things and clears a path...
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: