Friday, July 14, 2006

Newest Work - Summer 2006


Been a while since I've posted new work, so here we go...

For your viewing pleasure (I hope), here are the photos-

Framed 5x7 collage called "Flames of Nature's Passion 1" - quilted with colored staples, of all things!!! Oh, other elements - cotton/rayon background, silk roving, copper wire on a twig, flower charm ~

My 80th ruana garment ~ dyed sueded rayon with an interesting closure made from novelty fabric and a jade bead!

"Women Having Fun" series piece ~ 7x9 inches, proclaiming "must...buy...shoes"

Update 7/17/06 - *I'm in the process of listing these and other works in my Etsy Shop*









2 comments:

Sarah E. said...

I LOVE what you did with the shoe-shoppers!! I wish I could see the other one with the standing women, but it looks neat from a distance. I like how the poncho/cape turned out -- really lovely shading. And what did you use in the middle of that gorgeous purple/green one? Just lovely!

Anne Wigfull said...

So Ruana is what they are called! I had to google that to find out that I'm wearing a ruana right now. I like the effect of the sueded rayon very much.