Monday, April 17, 2006

Update on "Earth Day" quilt



I wasn't sure if this was going in the right direction, but now that I have the other two sections fused on, it's starting to work for me.
The top 2 sections have been quilted, and I'm waiting for a little inspiration to quilt the bottom 2...

For the text of the poem, I printed it on T-shirt transfer paper, and ironed it on the wrong side of some blue cotton. I knew that I couldn't fuse it on the black, so I used a glue called "Unique Stitch" (great product) to adhere it down, and then started stitching - first around the edges, then some short straight lines throughout, so it wouldn't pop up too much. Kinda cool, isn't it? Gee, I can hear the people now, "Is it naugahyde, or is it leather?" (does appear to be vinyl like) - I like it!!!

Thanks to Caity for her nice comments - she likes it, too...
Okay, enough blogging for now - back to quilting ~

The Earth Day celebration is this Sunday, so it's time to stop blogging, and start quilting...

4 comments:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

What a glorious quilt! I love the colors and the movement and the colors and did I mention the colors?

Shirley Goodwin said...

This is a lovely piece, Julaine.

Shirley in New Zealand

Nikki said...

This is really gorgeous!

Mary Beth said...

Very very cool!