Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Why is it so hard sometimes...

to see them go? Is it because you're particularly proud of the way they turn out? Does it come from being very tired, and staying up late as the deadline approaches, sewing on those 200 plus beads. There wasn't any blood or sweat this time, but there were tears...

This is called "How Beautiful are the Feet no.5" - I delivered it to Kelly today, and she was thrilled! This is the latest in a sort of series - the first one was completed in 2002, and that was way before I started photographing my work.

I always say that I will visit my quilts that are in town, but I rarely do - letting go the first time is hard enough..... Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Gerrie said...

I love this! I know the feeling!!

Deb Lacativa said...

I've felt this - a piece that was travelling in a show got SOLD! When I heard the news my first thought was "I am never going to see that quilt again!".It was quite a shock, like something stuck in your throat that you can't quite swallow.

Sonji Hunt said...

This is such a funny piece. Very lively. Love the tapemeasures at the bottom and the vibrant colors.

I agree about letting go of the work. I'm much better now. My problem is that I always think that I'll never make anything as good again ever.