Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What am I taking to Chicago?

Here's a piece that I felted yesterday using that new Viking machine at the Jo-Ann's that I work at - the gorgeous fibers started out as a novelty eyelash yarn that I knitted with gigantic needles. I laid it out on top of this purple crushed satin and covered it with Sulky Solvy. Julaine, start your engine! It took no time at all, and when I was finished, the Solvy just had tons of pin holes in it...reusable, yes!

I'll be bringing this piece to my gig for Make It University™ with Cloth Paper Scissors®
to see what else I can do with it.

Come see me there: I'll be in the Virtual Studios area on Friday, April 13th from 10-noon, and 1-3 pm.; and on Saturday, April 14th from 10-noon, and 1-3 pm.

Note to Lynn K: we have to get ourselves one of these machines, right??? Maybe we'll check the Viking people at festival ~

Note to Becky B.: you know who you are - we are going to have a great time...

No comments: