Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wednesday's notecards


















Still having fun with these...and I only have 6 blank cards left ~

The whole process of creating these notecards has given me more ideas for future quilts than actually doing small quiltlets and postcards. Interesting - I'll admit that it's been quite freeing to not agonize over thread color, or go through every bead container for once. I've been writing in my journal about all of this, so I dragged out an old journal from 10 years ago when I was heavy into appliqueing. When I started back then, I stitched mostly geometric shapes to make it easier. As I read through my notes and thoughts from back then, I realized that it was more than wanting to keep it simple. As my applique techniques became very good, I found that I still preferred the simple shapes.

It seems that in the past 6 months or so, these simple shapes have been creeping back into my work.

No comments: