Thursday, May 11, 2006

Watercolors~Ebb and Flow




Yesterday's PAQA meeting was great! Many water challenge quilts were showcased, along with some other incredible art ~ everytime I've gone in for a meeting has been such inspiration, and there are always new people coming. It's been 5 years since my introduction to this group, and I have never regretted it.

This was my offering for the challenge - I took these photos Tuesday night, and properly said goodbye when it went into Frieda's box! On to Duluth, the Fine Line Creative Center, and other venues unknown-maybe 2 years before I see it again, unless it sells...

The Shiva'd Lutradur worked out great, although it didn't want to fuse easily...a little fabric glue helped! The quilt is about 15x17~

4 comments:

LoieJ said...

Will this piece be at Quilting on the Waterfront in Duluth? I hope to go there.

Micki said...

I love this piece. Using those zippers add a unique touch.

Anonymous said...

What a great use of zippers!! I promise to get a picture of what I did with Museum Chick next week....now that I am staying put for a while!!

teri

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

I can see and feel water with this. What a lovely piece! The colors, the colors, the colors . . . oh, they make me smile . . . and dream.