Saturday, May 06, 2006

Shiva'd Lutradur












The Professional Art Quilters Alliance(PAQA) have organized a "Water" quilt challenge - entries are due this coming Wednesday at the meeting. I felt I needed just one more element to add: my first attempt at rubbing Shiva paintsticks on Lutradur! I used 3 of the iridescent colors - blue, turquoise, green. It didn't look so great after the first color went on, but then as I added the others, and used a stiff brush (okay, it was a foam brush that I hadn't cleaned, so it was hard as a rock) to do some blending, it started coming to life! Now it's good...and some of the fibers are hairy, but I like that too! Patience, Julaine...you'll have to wait for it to dry now.

Thanks to Frieda Anderson from PAQA for setting this up!!! The "Water" quilts will go to Quilting on the Waterfront in Duluth, and I believe other venues are being arranged...

No comments: