Saturday, February 04, 2006

ER / D'UVA





I haven't posted any pictures of new postcards for a few days...my husband, Jeff, was in the ER this week, and well, CRAZY it has been! When you're in your 50's and are experiencing symptoms of a heart thing, you need to go to the hospital...He's okay, well almost. All his tests were negative, and it seems like it was a problem with some maintenance meds he takes. Damn all those chemicals - we're gonna see if he can get rid of some of them...

The new series, created in the last 2 days is called "Gold Dots" (boring name, I know-anyone out there wanna take a stab at giving them something better?) Background is dye painted cotton sateen with salt effects; color applied with D'uva Chromacoal Pastels; gold accents using a metallic Sharpie poster marker; very little stitching this time around...

All of these will be donated to Fiberart For A Cause ~

9 comments:

Karoda said...

These are fabulous! How about Neon Signs for a series name...they appear very effervescent (sp?) on the screen.

Sophie said...

Love the colours!!

Ro said...

I Have never noticed how nice of a color green really is!

deb said...

Ooooo, my latest fav crave, Frog Skin Green. I am sorting my stash and find I have a Lot of green.

Doncha love those metallic Sharpies?

PaMdora said...

Love those dots!

Debra said...

I love Karoda's suggestion of Neon Signs...

I was, however, going to suggest

Weird Galaxies.

pedalpower said...

Wonderful! I have probably been to too many HS sporting events lately, but how about "Game Plans" They somehow remind me of a beautiful version of those sketches the coach is always whipping up. Maybe these beautiful ones are "game plans" for life.

Caitlin said...

ooooh, Earth Views! These look like aerial photgraphs to me, showing archaeological sites that aren;t visible from ground level, only when you go up high can you see the evidence of past civilisation. YUMMY!!!!!

Ann Morrell said...

I think you should call them Views from the Above...