Saturday, February 11, 2006

Another Day, Another Blog

So I can keep myself relatively sane (what's that?), I've created another blog called Julaine's Art for Purchase...

With fiberdevils and fiberangels on my shoulders, I did it!

I was feeling a bit guilty about making postcards for sale right now, especially since I am still in the midst of my personal challenge "A Postcard a Day" for the FiberArt For A Cause fundraiser that Virginia Spiegel is tirelessly working on...

My challenge is first to help raise money for the American Cancer Society, but in addition to that, it's Creative and Almost Instant Gratification Time... I'm between quilts, ready to start my teaching at the art museum, it's not time to prepare for upcoming art fairs, and it's been a busy, but creative time at the church where I am Children's Ministry Coordinator. It also helps to realize that the International Quilt Festival-Chicago is right around the corner...

This postcard is titled "Lettuce Entertain You" and is listed on my other site - can you see the vegetable twist ties? This is the first of a series of four, and I promise to save one for the fundraiser!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

COOL!!! I love these kind of visualizations of word play!!! I was the children's message giver person for years at our church and I loved Eugene Peterson's paraphrase of psalm' especially for the word play...not the same as this quilt in the sense of puns but still GOOD words and the children could connect ...I always tried to create a visual of some kind to help....we had a great year a couple of years ago when we learned the hebrew alphabet and we turned each of the letters into an image that helped us remember what it was...I should get those out.....you are busy but in a good way!!!! Ginger