Friday, March 07, 2008

Life Comes at You Fast

You know that, don't you?

Let's see...car problems x 2 with same car in the shop in a matter of 3 days ~
Monday, March 10th update - both cars had to have their front tires replaced because of the horrible pot-holed streets here in Rockford. Like I told my friend..."I'll put supper in the oven, there's a chocolate cake mix in the cabinet, and I'm not coming out of the house until June" (or at least for the Chicago Quilt Festival)...

Our beloved kitty died, and suffice it to say that her body is wrapped in a shroud of cloth in her carrier out in our shed in the back yard. The ground is too frozen to bury her, so we're going to try (I know, it sounds really weird) to warm up the earth just enough by setting a bag of charcoal ablaze on the ground, then we'll dig.

Computer started acting funny. In the hand of the local tech dudes, aka Papa Chips. Guess where I am right now...at the library.

Because of my recent long-lasting illness, this fat little goddess of out of the box textile stuff has been challenged with a lower back has been sending me messages that it's not happy. Seems I can stand or lie down with no problems, but as soon as I sit for more than 5 minutes, this stinging and burning pain hits me. It's worse when I'm driving. Help me, Lord, I am so done with doctors, I don't want to go and see the orthopedic guy who will just tell me it's because I'm fat. Geesh, I know that...

Okay, enough with the crap. I do have some good news to share...I will be one of the fabulous artists participating in the Cloth, Paper, Scissors "Open Studios at MIU" again this year. It was a blast in 2007! Will write more when the tech dudes tell me it's okay, and Jason has everything hooked up...

See ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your cat. Losing a pet is just like losing a family member. My cat died a year ago and even though I have 2 new kitties, its not the same. How long have you had chronic pain? I've been in pain for 21 years after a catastrophic injury in a car accident.

Karoda said...

It sounds like you could really use a "peace be still" moment or moments. Hangeth in Julaine and hope life eases up very soon!