Friday, June 22, 2007

Quilted Center Panel

I just finished quilting the center panel of the banner. Using the two forward, one back stitch on my machine, I was able to get the top-stitch effect that I wanted. I worked on about a 10 inch area at a time, changing thread color quite often. I was having a few problems with my bobbin thread showing too much, so I changed that thread each time too. Since I use this stitch quite often in my quilting, it really wasn't that tedious.

What also helped immensely was that I finally got a walking foot for my machine, so now you could say that I have a Kenmore~Janome machine. The dealer knew exactly what foot I needed.

What's next? I'll be warming up to free-motion quilt on the flames. I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVING that topstitching effect - can't wait to see the next part!