Friday, June 15, 2007

Progress on Banner

After removing over 10 flames from the banner, I felt I needed to break it up a little. I started working on this center panel by fusing small strips of the same hand dyes that I used for the flames. The Luther Seal is about 2/3rds of the way down the panel and in the photos here, you can see the silk organza with some images from the church printed on: the "1882" is taken from the cornerstone. All is going well...when can I start quilting?

To view previous posts on the banner, check out May 24-June 5...


3 comments:

jane dávila said...

The close-ups are so cool. The organza almost gives it the effect of embossed velvet in the photos.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Lovely colours in this, Julaine.

Susan Lenz said...

I am really enjoying your posts about this banner. Watching your work progress is quite exciting. I can't wait to see the banner being enjoyed by even more people...when it is finished and in place before a congregation. You should be very, very proud of all your effort. I am very thankful for the opportunity to witness such a creation.

Also, thank you so much for the comments on my blog!
Susan