Sunday, October 29, 2006

I only made one

Fiberart for a Cause!!! Coming soon to Houston - first to Market, then to Festival!!!

For this last hurrah, there are over 2500 postcards that have been created and donated from artists all over the world...60 feet of them...

This time - I only made one. I apologize for the photo-it's not a very sharp image, but it's quite beautiful, if I do say myself. The background is heavy scrapbooking paper (which was completely covered up). I layered three colors of hand-dyed silk roving and then applied some Misty Black Fuse on top. More roving, and more Fuse. A fern charm, and a little stitching. Quilted with green, purple, and blue staples. Edge-stitched of course...

Now, who is going to get this little beauty down in Texas??? Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LoieJ said...

The image may not be sharp, but the texture shows up well. I love it.

I haven't been on QA for quite awhile due to multiple trips away from home due to a family member's health issues.

Needless to say, I have spent little time sewing, much less "arting." I miss this so much. I can't find time to be who I am.

Helen said...

Hi Julaine, I agree... your card is beautiful. Thanks for adding me btw. all the best
Helen