Thursday, June 01, 2006

Hardware Girl


Yeh ~ she's mounted on silk, adorned with snaps, a stretched out coiled bracelet, a button, a zipper thing, an un-coiled earring, strips from the back of a bra (painted pink), a couple of washers, and her stiffened wild hair is tied to...you know those hoop earrings that have dangling beads hanging from them? Well, these had little copper discs that I had to take off...save those for later. Beaded safety pins, of course. About 8x10 inches, isn't she cute?

3 comments:

arlee said...

oOOOOOOOHHHH Fabulous! I'm a "hardware girl"-----i love hardware stores--what a great way to do a little self portrait or a portrait of a friend--love it!

Micki said...

She really is fabulous!

PaMdora said...

Hi Juliane, my you've been busy! It's been a while since I've seen your blog so I enjoyed catching up and seeing all the great work on your site. You have a great talent for color, the choices you are making make the color just make my mouth water. Good luck on the art fair. You're sure to be a big hit!