Friday, March 24, 2006

Spring is here: Fun with images


It must be spring - time to start playing with color again! This is an image that I added the lime background using Picasa's tools, then I added the text in Microsoft Paint - these will be perfect for my new "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" mixed media pieces that I'm working on...

I just recently discovered "Paint" - never thought I would actually have anything that cool with only Word 97...

Recently on the Quiltart list, artists have been talking about using paper on their quilts. Tissue paper, cardstock, watercolor papers. I have printed this image and many others out on 90 lb. watercolor paper that I picked up at an office store - it came in a pad, so I had to cut it down to 8 1/2 x 11 to fit the printer...

Yes, spring is here (by the calendar, at least)!!! Getting ready for my first art festival/fair/show of the year. I'm grateful that the Midway Village Fiberart Show here in Rockford is only one day this year, and that it's INSIDE !

It also (sale) means it's time to sell some inventory (sale) Please check out my other blog: http://julainesart.blogspot.com ~ I have some other pieces that need to be cleared out of my studio and suitcases...so I'm having a SALE now through April!

Here's hoping that springs brings renewed creative energy to all! The Chicago show is in 2 weeks, and that will surely generate some good energy too ~

No comments: