Saturday, March 11, 2006

It was a night

for creativity! I hosted a "Fiber Postcard Workshop" Thursday evening for six very talented women ~ some were artists, and some had never done anything like this before. "We need to do this more often in the church." Some of the postcards are for the Fiberart For A Cause fundraiser (see the link to the right) and others will be part of an art display during the Easter season at our church, Emmanuel Lutheran, in Rockford, Illinois...

The gal in the middle is a new mom, and she would love to have a slumber party/creative night! Well, I will be the "mom" for an upcoming Jr. High lock-in (the care and feeding of 12 teenagers, and keeping them inside, while our youth director does the activities), so this would be a great idea for the same night, and maybe some of them would want to join us (???)

On a personal note, I have just 3 more postcards to send to Virginia, since she has "cut me off" - she didn't want me to get burned out, so I have to stop at 38... recent ones are on my other blog, of which I have donated some: Julaine's Art for Purchase

I also realized that I have an upcoming fiberart show on the first Saturday in April. And what's happening the weekend after that? THE INTERNATIONAL QUILT FESTIVAL-SPRING EDITION IN CHICAGO !!! I'm going in with Bonnie Saxby (see link to the right) and am looking forward to many things happening there. Quilts, VENDORS, more quilts, VENDORS, the Quiltart reception, which is always a fabulous gathering, VENDORS, VENDORS, VENDORS...

No comments: