Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Green Bag Fabric

We just got this in at the store yesterday! It's the fabric that "green" bags are made of, and I figured I'd get a little to see what's possible. Polyester, 60" wide and a whopping 2.99 yard. I know I could easily make some gift bags from it for my patrons at this fall's Greenwich Art Fair.

There were at least 2 other bolts: one with multi-colored circles on it, and a plain white one. I chose the animal print...just because.

I've described the surface design/color processes on each photo so you can get an idea of my experiments, none of which were well-thought out. I'm still learning how not to spend too much time on the first round of experiments. I used too much paint on a few of them, so instead of wiping the excess color away, I mopped up the extra with blank ATCs. Ding! Now that's an idea! Think about having this wonderful collection of ATCs with at least a background design on them...

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Very cool! I like the first one the best.