Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Emotions and Art , part 2


On Monday before going to work, I had an attack of vertigo. This one was pretty intense so that by the time I got into the store, I couldn't move my head or eyes without that awful spinning feeling. Luckily Amy, who is the merchandise leader had just come in an hour before, and was scheduled to work until 9pm. anyway. We checked who was staying until closing, and since there was lots of floor coverage, I felt better about leaving. Once home, I took my anti-vert pill and went to bed.

LIFE COMES AT YOU FAST...

I have made 8 new pieces for the art fair that is coming up soon. I've joined the ranks of other textile/fiber artists who now mount some of their small quilts on stretched canvas. Depending on the response at Greenwich will determine if I continue. I'm uncomfortable with the fact that for some people - it can't possibly be real art unless it's framed or mounted on something. Ticks me off...

"Bella Luna" - Oh well, here's one I finished last night. Deep blue dyed cotton with a printed border (batting underneath) which is wrapped around to the back of 9x11 inch stretcher bars.
The moon is a gold plated choker necklace from Mexico that someone gave me. I stretched it out some into the shape of the moon before adhering it to the piece. Added some little gold heart beads, and embroidered the x's with pearl cotton. Very simple, but also very striking and dramatic. I like it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you were able to get rid of the vertigo. Having had major bouts of that due to having meniers disease, I really know how awful it can be.
Looking forward to seeing more of your new work!

His Office, My Studio said...

Hope you are feeling better! I have had vertigo a few times and it was nice.

I love your new piece, the design and colors are really great.