Sunday, July 15, 2007

Almost Finished

For the 24 words and phrases that represent who we are at Emmanuel, I printed them on dupioni silk fused with Wonder Under, and painted them with red Setasilk paint. After heat-setting the paint, I removed the release paper from the back and fused them onto the deep red dyed cotton. Rotary cut them into narrow strips, then I attached them only at the top with a small gold heart bead. I had planned to fuse them completely on the surface, but after I pinned a few of them down, I noticed that they looked beautiful, just waving like ribbons.

I've sewn 30 cross charms on - these are to remind us that we are "little christs" (martin luther said)

Still have to bind and back the banner. The sleeve is cut out ~ but I discovered I don't have enough black kona to make the binding with unless I want to piece them (no, thank you...)

3 comments:

Weekend Fisher said...

Beautiful

Skdo said...

WOW! Your banner is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Carrot Top Studio said...

This banner is wonderful! The colors are delicous and I love the bit about the little crosses.