Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Auditions

This was fun! I'm working on my demo for the
Friday Night Sampler - IQF Chicago in April...

I'm presenting my funky wrist pin cushions, and how to create them during the demos. I have heard that I'll only have about 10 minutes for each one, so I'll need to plan some "step-outs" like they do on all those crafty type television programs. What a rush it will be!!!

I enjoy the auditions - planning what fabrics go together, but...

After the red hat ladies invaded this galaxy (and others I'm sure), I have a terrible time putting red and purple together. I tried here on a few of them, but every time I look at them, I get frustrated - - -

Do you experience this too in your life, where you just can't seem to get past the fact that something so trivial has ruined it? Another case in point for me (and this is NQR, by the way): Although I tried to like the movie "Anger Management," when the men were singing I Feel Pretty, I was really ticked. That ruined the image and beauty of Natalie Wood singing the song in West Side Story.

Anyway, if you're planning on coming to Chicago for the quilt festival, sign up for the Friday Night Sampler. Lots of great presentations await you!!!

1 comment:

arlee said...

Absolutely!!! USedta love red and purple together, though now i've raged 'em up! Oh, and everyone calling 1x1's "inchies"--SO nauseating----some of us obviously regret mainstream "acceptance" because it just *ruins* things--*my* opinion anyways :}
The wristlets look like a box of candy!