Monday, July 20, 2009

Back to Blogging and a Give-a-way

Well, it's been four months since I've posted to my blog. Life has been, well, interesting - the easiest way to put it. There have been a few issues, both personal and professionally. I could whine, piss and moan about not being able to go to the Spring IQA show in Chicago this year and be one of the published artists for Make It University for Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine. I've also missed deadlines of all sorts this year.

Instead, I'm trying to focus on the inspiration from good friends, both here in Rockford, and my cyber friends, all ready to give me a soft kick in the pants, or most of the time, a big hug, if needed.

I have been doing artful things, mostly for our Art at Emmanuel group. We are in the middle of our fourth exhibit in the church's gallery, and are preparing for our late summer show, which features the work of our children here at Emmanuel. Good friend, Bobbie came up with the title for the exhibit, "Primary Intention" - great, isn't it?

For my return to blog land, I will be posting some pieces that I wish to sell. They will be available through Paypal, or a check in the mail. Shipping fees will be included in the price, and the prices are very reasonable. You can e-mail me at: irenesdotter@comcast.net if you have any questions. Watch in the coming days for the postings.

To get things started, I'm offering this small art quilt as a give-a-way...It's called "Purple Posies at Play," and was made from my hand-dyed and painted cottons, lutradur, novelty fibers, beads and has been quilted, using a heavy top-stitch, with rayon and metallic threads. It is 8 1/2 by 19 inches in diameter.

Just leave a nice comment, pick a number between 1 and 100 (random # generator being used) and make sure I have a way to reach you! If you don't blog, just send me an e-mail, nice comment, random #, etc. Good luck, my friends...












UPDATE!!! I have 2 anonymous comments, one from Barbara (#60) and one from another person (#10) - I need to find out how to get in touch with you if you're the lucky one...

23 comments:

Karoda said...

Welcome back...and what a beautiful re-entry. Missed deadlines should be my name!!

#87

Threadhead said...

Hi, it's good to see you back! The quilt I beautiful and I love all the others, I hope I can get one before they are gone! I hope all of us who take the liberty of calling you 'friend' can help you through...Much love

Gabriela
I pick #62

Susan said...

Hi!
Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I'm happy you have made a commitment to regular blogging. I find that doing this helps me keep up with meeting deadlines! Balancing life, art, family, and personal time is .... well .... a balancing act! Some times we stay on the tightrope; some times we fall off for awhile. Your work is beautiful. Hearing about your church and its activities was one of the best parts of the week in Minnesota. Ruth Ann is a dear.
Susan
#7

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Sometimes (sometimes? more like all the time!) it's just hard to juggle it all...life gets in the way! But here you are, and I've bookmarked you. I'll look forward to returning to see more.

Love the quilt...it is wonderful!

I'll pick #46
-Karen

Anonymous said...

Love the piece.

I too share your pain at not being about to find that creative outlet at the moment.

#10 is usually a lucky # for me.

jeames said...

Welcome back to blogging - I also struggle to keep it going. I envy the people who seem to roll with it naturally. Your quilt is lovely - I've never used Lutradur, I might have to give it a try. Maybe that will push me back into making some fiberart :)

#8

shades said...

Julaine,
What a great idea! Your work is inspiring, I want to rush right back to my studio and try some of the things you are working with. This Purple Posies piece has great texture and depth, and I love the colors.
my random number is 14.

Anonymous said...

I love your color choices, they are my very favorite. Struggle - story of my life.
I think this makes our life richer, deeper and more meaningfull.
Welcome back!
Barbara

#60

Marsha said...

I would love to win this little quilt. The colours are gorgeous and I would really like to see it close-up.
I will pick my lucky number #18

Carole said...

This is beautiful... and glad you are back!
my number is 44

Anonymous said...

I sent you email (found in your profile) with my info. It failed.
How can I reach you?
Greetings.
Barbara #60

Linda Laird said...

Dear Julaine,
Good to see you back! Like your work, esp. how the embellishments don't overwhelm the basic structure of fabric weave and stitch line.

I like the number 3.

Keep up the good work,
Linda Laird
quiltlady@san.rr.com

Beth M said...

What a lovely piece. The colors are great! I would love a chance to win it. I pick number 38

Julaine Lofquist-Birch said...

Note to Barbara: sorry for the confusion, I had my old addy on my profile. It is now up to date, so you can e-mail me...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope I'm not to late. I would love to win this great little art piece. The colors are wonderful.
Thanks,
Sidney
sewsquid@xmission.com

Julaine Lofquist-Birch said...

Note to Sidney: are you anonymous with the #10? - thanks for your e-mail addy...

Michelle said...

What a great piece, It would look fine on my living room wall.....I pick no #33

Love your work

Terri Stegmiller said...

Don't know if your give away is still going, but this is a lovely piece. I'll pick #19.

LoieJ said...

Hi Julaine, welcome back. I love these pieces! Makes me realize that I really really need to get to some sort of workshop where I can be inspired by arty people. I get too caught up in the commitments to stuff the guild is doing, etc. I'll go for # 35.

J said...

Hope that I am not too late for your give away. Great work.
If you need a number I will choose #58
Jill

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

waht a lovely give away, I hope that I am not too late. My number that I would choose is 13.

Coleen said...

Deadlines, what are deadlines?

I pick #28

Jeannie said...

I hope I am not too late. You have been busy and thanks for the idea with the citra solve alternative!
#56